Welfare and pastoral care are of great importance within a boarding school and supervision is assured at all times. The school will have a fully qualified nurse in residence and a school doctor on call at all times.
Most senior schools have a House System; a House is a group of girls or boys of different ages and year groups who sleep and spend much of their free time in one area or House. There will be a Housemistress or Housemaster and a matron to look after your son or daughter out of lessons and a tutor to follow academic progress.
Many Prep Schools or smaller Senior Schools have Year/Tutor Groups instead of Houses for pastoral care.
← Secondary education in the UK
Interested in hearing more?
- Our team
- Our services
- Educational consulting
- Studying in the UK
- Higher education in the UK
- Secondary education in the UK
- Short study courses
- Professional Student Assessments
- School Entry-Exam Preparation
- GCSE & A level Revision Courses in Britain
- Study Skills Development Programmes
- British school Adaptation Programmes
- Tutoring in Moscow
- Case Studies
Inessa Khvostova, MANAGING DIRECTOR